Akamai and Gomez.com surveyed web users and found that:
- 47% expect a site to load in 2 seconds or less.
- 40% will ditch a site that takes longer than 3 seconds to load.
- 79% who have trouble with a site say they won’t come back.
- And around 44% of them will tell friends about their crappy shopping experiences.
Each second counts towards your bottom line. So yeah. Speed kills.
And here are 3 (kinda surprising) essential things that are slowing your website down.
- Social sharing scripts. Sure you want people to share your stuff but at what cost? Each script can add 1-2 seconds to each page-load. The really bad ones are the ones that load info from the social network. (They load your timeline or profile pic, etc.)
- Pictures. One of the worst things you can do on your website is load a big picture and then resize it in your website editor by changing the width of the image on the page. The whole picture still loads in the browser, even though it looks smaller.
- Tracking scripts. You’ve got to track but if you’re using 7 different tracking scripts, you can bet it’s gonna slow down your page. You can replace a bunch of your tracking with Google Analytics if you set it up right.
And that’s why you should hire me to speed up your website and landing pages. You’ll get reports, find out where the quick wins are. You’ll also learn what you should be doing for long-term gains so you can keep improving your conversions. And then, after it’s all fixed, you’ll get proof with follow-up reports for you to compare to the first set of reports.
But the best part is your bottom line will improve and that tastes sweet, I promise you.
Contact me now and tell me about your website and key pages. We’ll work from there.